This studio is second largest studio on our campus at 2,874sf and its available for the first time in 25 years. This studio was home to the historically important art project, Electronic Café International, “the mother of all cyber cafes”.
- Enclosed private garden patio (480sf)
- Upstairs loft (624 sf) with 2 very large built in closets
- Large studio work area (2000 +/-sf)
- Soaring 25’ ceilings
- ADA 1/2 bathroom downstairs
- ADA accessible entrance and chair lift to second floor
- Upstairs shower & sink (no toilet)
- Enclosed downstairs office/storage room (262sf)
- Multiple skylights and windows
- Concrete Floors
- Free Public parking
- ZipCar rental onsite, discounted for artists
- 1 block from Expoline, light rail station which is slated to open January 2016
- Collaboration with 18SAC program offerings
Space Available: 2,874 sf
Rental Rate: under discussion
Lease: 3 yrs, Modified Gross (18SAC pays utilities and taxes; you pay insurance) with option to renew lease or go month to month.
Space Type: Light Manufacturing, live work artist studio.
Start Date: Available now
Additional nonstructural improvements specific to the tenant’s needs will be covered and owned by the tenant.
18th Street Arts Center is a nonprofit artist residency center. Our mission is to provoke public dialog through contemporary art making. Our studios are provided at below market rent to contemporary artists and other nonprofit arts organizations. To be submit a letter of interest for the studio, please read carefully the following guidelines on our website.