April 29, 2017 | 1-5 PM
18th Street Arts Center
Gallery hours: 11am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Join us to celebrate the cultural treasures of our Pico Neighborhood!
We open up our campus to our neighbors, and will launch Culture Mapping 90404, our community-sourced website of Pico neighborhood cultural treasures with an exhibition, celebration, music, food trucks, and open artist studios.
- Original Salsa and Latin Music by Flaco
- Lowriders taking over the 18th Street parking lot
- Cabeza de Vaca Cultural Dance Performance
- Rocking Dance Class with the ladies of the Community Corps Zumba Group
- The Laboratory of Embodied Intelligences, intermittent performances
- Family Art-Making Workshops with Sherin Guirguis and Nina Waisman
- The best of Santa Monica Food Trucks
- Artist Open Studios
- Kids Corner and Bounce House
- Family movement workshop with Nina Waisman and Flora Wiegmann, LEI
- Tabling by Neighborhood Organizations
Free to all – RSVP requested. Register now!
Caption: Photo by Johanna Brown of painting in Pico Youth and Family Center