18th Street Arts Center COVID-19 Response and Artist Resources
July 2, 2020: Due to a spike in coronavirus cases in many California counties, including LA, Governor Gavin Newsom has ordered all museums and galleries (along with other indoor venues) to close for at least the next three weeks.
Therefore, 18th Street Arts Center must once again close our doors. Protecting our staff, artists, and visitors are of utmost importance, and we will reopen once it is safe to do so.
In the meantime, we have exciting exhibitions opening online soon, brand-new exhibitions pages for our current shows so you can explore the them online, and we have lots of fantastic new content every week on our 18@Home and Arts Learning Lab @ Home channels.
We know a lot of folks, including in our artist community, who are struggling right now. We will do our best to share resources on an ongoing basis. Let us know if there are any additional resources you know about that you would like us to get out there.
Here are some aggregated resources to start with (thanks to Foundwork for pulling this list together). We will share more as they become available.
- COVID-19 Freelance Artist Resources: Aggregated list of health, legal, educational, and financial resources
- Common Field COVID-19 Resources: Crowdsourced list of various useful resources and information for artists and arts organizers
- National Endowment for the Arts: Aggregated list of resources for artists
- Creative Capital: Aggregated list of resources for artists
- Artist Trust: Aggregated list of resources for artists
- NYFA: Aggregated list of resources for artists
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts: Relief fund for artists making “contemporary and experimental” work for a canceled performance or exhibition
- Alliance of Artist Communities: Emergency funds for artists participating in residencies
- Social Distance Gallery: Instagram-based outlet for student artists with cancelled BFA and MFA exhibitions
ARTIST RESOURCES & GRANTS
- LA County Dept of Arts and Culture – Digital Resources for Arts
- Relief fund for LA County Visual Artists – deadline to apply May 25
- Amy Smith Artist Resources : Art consultant with an aggregated list of artist resources
- Santa Monica city rent and eviction resources
- Center for Cultural Innovation List of Artist Emergency Resources
This Post Has 0 Comments